Position: Program Associate, King’s Incubator
Duration: 1 year ( with the possibility of extension)
Required Number: One
Reports To: Incubator Head
Salary and Benefits: Negotiable
About King’s Incubator: King’s Incubator is the center of innovation and entrepreneurialgg development at King’s College. It facilitates the growth of Social Entrepreneurship and Commercial Entrepreneurship through applied workshop, training, providing access to seed capital, mentoring and networking. The center also runs its incubation programs to transform the ideas into concrete business ventures and aspires to guide the start-ups or existing organizations towards more challenging and profitable goals. Currently, there are four programs run by the Incubator.
- Lead, Support or Coordinate assigned programs/ projects of King’s Incubator with the goal of supporting entrepreneurs to develop a financially sustainable and impactful business.
- Conduct a list of programs (like info sessions, entrepreneur’s training, demo day, investor’s meetup) to reach out to entrepreneurs, support them or promote them.
- Monitor and report the program/projects of King’s Incubation to ensure an effective and impactful program implementation by developing tools and techniques for program/project evaluation.
- Document the internal processes, program, activities and reflection to create meaningful documents or reports, and share them with the relevant stakeholders in consultation with the Head of Incubator to ensure an effective implementation of Incubator’s programs/projects.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with key stakeholders of Incubator and incubated companies and develop relevant programs or opportunities for the Incubator and incubatees.
- Identify the potential entrepreneurs /entrepreneurship aspirants/ entrepreneurship support organization/colleges/ universities to establish rapport and build a long term network for recruitment or participation in programs of Incubator.
- Develop a mentoring network and work with them to make the incubation process successful. Establish rapport and continued interaction with them.
- Develop content and updates for Incubator’s website and social media pages.
- Coach the entrepreneurs to identify the entrepreneurial challenges and help them adapt/overcome those challenges. Also, connect them to the suitable mentors.
- Assist entrepreneurs in developing the business plans and proposals; conduct due diligence and present investment recommendations to the investment team.
- Organize investment related events to bring the investors, financial institutes or mobilize entrepreneur’s investment funds.
- Provide regular program reports to the Incubator Head .
- Recruit and train interns in carrying out the activities of Incubator.
- At least 2 years’ of experience working in the field of entrepreneurship, marketing or managing teams, preferably in a position where one has trained or has developed training programs
- Passionate about entrepreneurship or working with entrepreneurship
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Nepali language
- Commitment to self learning
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and work under challenging and uncertain circumstances.
An initial orientation and in-house coaching will be provided after selection.
Interested candidates may send their CV and a cover letter explaining their motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc’ email@example.com by 11:59 PM, Wednesday, April 11, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. We do not entertain any other queries related to the vacancy.