The “3rd National Social Business Challenge 2018” has found its winners! This unique idea to nurture entrepreneurs with the zeal to bring social change in the country, is a brainchild of Yunus Social Business Centre at King’s College in Kathmandu.
- Title Winner: Project “Revive”, Cash prize of Nrs. 100,000
- Project “WHpedia”, Thematic Runner Up for Jury’s Special, Cash prize of Nrs. 50,000
- Project “Hariyo Paat , Sabaiko Saath”, Thematic Runner up for Food and Women, Cash Prize of Nrs. 50,000
- Project “Waste Recyclers, “Thematic Runner up for Renewable Energy, Cash Prize of Nrs. 40,000
- Project “Your Agriculture Product”, Thematic Runner Up for Agriculture, Cash prize of Nrs. 25,000
The 3rd edition of Social Business Challenge was held on August 26, 2018 at the iconic Hotel Yak & Yeti Kathmandu. The event was graced by the Honourable Minister for Labour, Employment and Social Security, Government of Nepal, Mr. Gokarna Bista as the Chief Guest.
A panel discussion revolving on the “Role of Social Entrepreneurs in helping Nepal Achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030” comprised esteemed panelists Mr Suman Shakya – CEO, Smart Pani, Ms. Shilshila Acharya – CEO, Himalayan Climate Initiative, and Ms. Santosh Rana – Founder, Bihani Social Venture.
10 finalist teams chosen out of 55 teams from 7 provinces pitched their social business ideas to a distinguished panel of jury consisting of Ms. Bahar Kumar – Director, Nepal Communitere, Mr. Varun Saraf – Managing Director, Yak and Yeti, Mr Bibhusan Bista – CEO, Young Innovations and Ms. Juna Mathema – Managing Director, Blitz Media.
Organizations that supported this initiative included Daraz, King’s College, Blinc Ventures, Nobel College, Himalayan Climate Initiative, Rural Access Program- Connect, Nepal Communitere, Travellers’ Map, Clock B Innovation, SEA centre, Rural Development Initiative, Thrive Nepal, R&D Innovation and OYORI ASIA.