A two-year program that prepares students for careers in business management and leadership in both the private and public sectors. It provides the students with a solid, comprehensive foundation in the fundamentals of business, the global environment in which they will function, the analytical tools for intelligent decision-making opportunity to gain further functional expertise through specialization courses.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program will allow students to
- Analyze, synthesize and evaluate the knowledge acquired through research and apply it to practical business situations
- Integrate formal academic learning with individual business experience so that meaningful personalized learning takes
- Think analytically and globally within a business environment; and
- Develop a motivation for and appreciate the wisdom of acquiring lifelong learning.
Students have to complete 27 credits of Core Courses and 9 electives or specialization courses by maintaining 3.0 GPA to graduate from MBA program.
BUS 500 Organizational Leadership
BUS 505 Managerial Economics
BUS 510 Marketing Management
BUS 525 Strategic Management in a Globalized Economy
BUS 530 Managing Information Systems & Technology
BUS 535 Managerial Accounting
BUS 540 Organizational Behavior
BUS 550 Financial Management
BUS 557 Applied Methods Capstone
BUS 643 Strategic Brand Management
BUS 623 Financial Institutions, Markets, and the Economy
BUS 624 Investment Analysis
BUS 645 Applied Business Ethics
BUS 615 Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation
BUS 617 Communication for Project Management
BUS 619 Project Management
BUS 627 Managing Non-Profit Organization
BUS 628 Grants Management
BUS 635 Leading Project Teams
BUS 638 Logistics Management for Humanitarian and Development
BUS 644 Performance Management in Public and Nonprofit Organization
BUS 654 Public Policy Analyses and Compliance
BUS 668 Knowledge Management
BUS 685 Applied Research for Project Management
In this program, students will evaluate the theories and practices related to the startup, development, and management of a new business, product, or service. Students will explore entrepreneurial attributes while discovering the practical knowledge, strategy, and skills needed to create a viable business plan. Students learn how to create a plan that attracts financial and leadership support by internal and external stakeholders needed to achieve success.
Strategic Management in a Globalized
Managing Information Systems &
Applied Methods Capstone
Entrepreneurship & New Ventures
MBA for Working Professionals
The curriculum of MBA for working professionals is same as that of Full Time/Regular MBA. This is a flexible delivery of the program. Its methodology is customized to suit the needs of working professionals and entrepreneurs who wish to balance between their studies and work properly. The program incorporates a mix of theory with practical applications and supplements traditional lectures with hands-on case analyses and project plus on-line activity directly from US professor.
We select students on the basis of
- Interview (25%),
- Written test (25%),
- Past experience & involvement (25%), and
- Previous academic performance (25%).
In life, we are what we are because someone had trusted in us and given a chance in critical moments. Thus, during the selection process, we consciously make decisions to give a chance to students despite their past and background, given that they show commitment.
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. (At least one year of work experience for MBA Pro.)
Initial scholarships are awarded based on four criteria: past academic performance, King’s written examination score, personal interview score, and extra-curricular activities.
MERIT OR PERFORMANCE BASED SCHOLARSHIP SCHOLARSHIPS
- For Working Professionals & Entrepreneurship: Merit-based scholarship is awarded to students based on academic performance and attendance in each trimester.
- For Regular Students: Merit-based scholarship is awarded to students based on academic performance, attendance, and involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- Need-Based Scholarship: Deserving students with excellent academic performance and involvement in extra-curricular activities but are from a poor financial background are awarded Need-Based Scholarship.
- Teach For Nepal King’s Public Service Scholarship: King’s College awards two full scholarship and one partial scholarship to Teach For
Nepal Alumni in Spring and Fall Session each year.